FESTA CONSORTIUM, 2008. FESTA. D3 Common vision regarding vehicle systems FOTs. 29 April 2008.
Individuating the most relevant functions and connected hypothesis to successfully address the
above-mentioned research questions is one of the major challenges in a Field Operational Test
(FOT). In this deliverable, the process of individuating the vehicle functions to be tested in an FOT
and the relevant connected hypotheses will be elucidated. Specifically, the reader will be guided in
the process of:
1) selecting the vehicle functions to be tested,
2) defining the connected use cases to test these vehicle functions,
3) identifying the research questions related to these use cases,
4) formulating the hypothesis associated to these research questions, and
5) linking these hypothesis to the correspondent performance indicators.
Each of these steps needs to be undertaken sequentially.
Everyone who is interested to undertake an FOT will find templates to define and describe the
necessary details for all of the above mentioned steps in the Annex of this deliverable.
Please see the report for a full list of authors. This report is also available at http://www.its.leeds.ac.uk/festa/downloads.php